Sunday, July 23, 2017

Week 50

This week was good. We did our best to teach our investigators and find new people and talk to 300 people, but it was all good. 

Barbara is progressing and she is loving church. She has a lot of questions now so we will go and teach her again tomorrow and see if we can mark a date for baptism. As for our other investigators, we unfortunately cut 4 due to the fact they didn't come to church and really only enjoy our company, so that is not what we are looking for. We will still visit them as like a plan D, but not as someone who we will focus on. 

As for church attendance, we only had Barbara come to church, so it was kind of a "what the freak!!!" moment but we moved on the same. We had an interesting gospel principles lesson about word and self-sufficiency and I was able to talk a lot about mom and how you taught us to work from an early age and the classic "if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right" statement and a lot of the people agreed with it. So, a massive "thanks, mom" for teaching me how to work hard and be self-sufficient!!!!!!!!!!!!!💞. Other than that, it was a pretty average week.

A note about my companion. His name is Hiram Dalsin and he is from Rio Grande de Sul (which is in Audrey Heiner's mission). He and his mother are converts and he is the first missionary in his family. He is a really great guy.

I officialy have one year left on my mission (if I don't extend), but will only celebrate on August 2nd by the burning of my old dirty white normal T-shirt with a nice fire that night. I will make a video and send you a bunch of pics (don't worry; it will be in English so you can understand). I am already getting some stuff ready; it is going to be great!! (Elder Jardine really likes campfires...)

Love you all and just remember that contention is of the devil; even if you are stressed, if you keep calm and breathe and talk like normal people, God will help and you will feel much better. That is something I have learned my entire life, but particularly on my mission. 

Love you all and have a fantastic week!!!!!

Sincerely
Elder Jardine​