Sunday, June 4, 2017

Week 43

This week was great. Last p-day, I was surprised to receive a gigantic birthday cake from an investigator of the other companionship. We still have it in our fridge even after letting 8 to 10 missionaries at it. We also had a great Nerf fight and as usual we ate pizza the next night (Dominoes has a two for one deal on Tuesday; we loooove it!!!) 


We were able to teach some new people this week. Their names are Emerson and Hobson. Emerson, after 28 years of smoking, quit on a dime (especially since he gave us his cigarettes, lighter, and the freaking ash tray too) and seems pretty good. Hobson is amazing. He is about 30 years old and is loving what we are teaching him. He is unemployed so has nothing but time. He is reading everything we are giving him and even has the Gordon B Hinckley manual. Hobson was also at church and went to every activity that he knew about at the church. This week, we have a goal to mark his date, so fingers crossed. 


I renewed my visa this week which was kind of a shocker seeing as how I almost have only 1 year and 2 months left😨😨😱😱😵😵 It is scary!!! 


We also had zone conference the same day so my companion and I got to catch a ride with the president to our stake center, which was cool. I also played trash basketball with my two English classes this week, which was really fun. Other than that, it was just normal work this week.


It is great to hear about your weeks. As for the house concrete thing, I know a guy in Georgia who does that sort of thing, especially pools, so I could totally hook you up (since he is my companion's dad ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‰.) [We mentioned to Elder Jardine some difficulties in getting some projects in the backyard done along with the driveway in the new house.] 

Enjoy your busy summer and be sure to send me some photos.

Well, keep being awesome and having all kinds of adventures.

Love you!!!!!!

Sincerely,
Elder Jardine