Sunday, September 25, 2016

Week 8

Well, I am here and things are going well. I am learning the language quickly and I am noticing that every day I am improving. I am proselyting a lot and we are having some success. I am eating very well every day; we have a member feed us lunch (which is the equivalent of dinner here) and I have a good breakfast every day (THANK YOU MOM FOR TEACHING ME HOW TO COOK AND CLEAN!) Also, it is safe to say that my area is the most organized place in the house, aside from the kitchen (which I organized).

It is good to hear that everyone is doing well. I am glad to hear that you got my letter and I hope you get the next one I sent about a week ago. If you send a letter, a trick I learned is to put a Virgin Mary stamp on the seal and put Virgin Mary stamps both in and on the package (that way they won't open it and if they do, they will feel very, very bad). 

Well, I hope that everything contunures (I wasn't sure what this word was, so I googled it. It's Portuguese for "continues" which is good. Nathan is really struggling right now with the language, but if he's slipping Portuguese words in his email, it means he's starting to transition to fluency.)  to go well for you and I hope that you always remember that the Lord is there for you when things seem to be going wrong.

I love you all so much and I pray for you daily.

Sincerely,
Elder Jardine